Residents will have the personal skills and financial assets sufficient to assure stable futures for themselves and their families.
The mission of Co-opportunity is to create neighborhood stability and economic prosperity by increasing the income, earnings and wealth of residents of the Greater Hartford region. Co-opportunity will accomplish this by providing services in the areas of financial education and counseling; workforce development; and asset building, including homeownership.
We hold these values regarding those we serve. They:
- seek opportunity, stability and growth in their lives.
- make sound decisions when given good information.
- have dreams and aspirations that can be achieved.
- are personally responsible for their own decisions.
We hold these values regarding our agency. We:
- meet our participants where they are with respect to knowledge, ability, skill, and desire for improvement.
- work with them to achieve their desired goals.
- collaborate with other agencies to ensure all the needs of our participants are met, and to ensure the most effective use of resources.
- make a long-term commitment to those we serve and our community.
- hold ourselves accountable by achieving measurable results.
- operate in all our professional relationships with transparency and integrity.
- provide services appropriate to our diverse population.
- foster a working culture of continuous learning and improving.